Originally Posted by RareBreed
Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
Had a lot of creepy stuff happen to me. Was in my treestand before daylight one time and all of a sudden the whole woods lit up bright as day and then went dark again. Brother saw it too. No idea what happened.

That was a meteor. I seen them 3 times in my life where they light up the sky from 3-4 seconds and it turns everything around to total daylight. It has different intensities as far as brightness goes. Kinda flashes from bright to super bright. It’s an eerie feeling at midnight to see this happen, and with completed silence. I knew what the second one was about hit the deck. Your mind tells you that a huge KABOOM is going to follow.

As far as the bright lights story told above, there is a famous ghost story told by the older locals about seeing that very thing.
Col. CC Pegues ghost. https://cahawba.com/history-and-legacy/pegues-ghost/

I saw one that lit everything up like that one morning on the Escambia River before daylight. It was a huge fireball that lasted for several seconds and looked like it hit ground but never made any sound. I'm sure it was a long way away but it looked like it was close. I had a pack of wolves howling at me from several hundred feet above me in Idaho. Had another wolf that growled and then howled at me, again from above me, and again in Idaho. That one prompted me to leave the area quick in fading daylight and as I hustled out of there I abruptly came face to face with a cow elk. It scared the crap out of the elk and me. The worst one by far was also in Idaho. I had left out of the woods at dark and made it out to a road where I was to be picked up at that time. No one was there and it was one of those moonless nights that was so black you couldn't see your hand right in front of your face if you turned your flashlight off. I heard wolves howling way off in the distance and there were fresh wolf tracks where I was waiting. I had my flashlight on the whole time for comfort and then it went dead. The wolves went quiet but sitting there alone in the pitch black 50 miles from anybody and where you can't hear any human related sounds was intimidating to say the least. I ended up waiting an hour and a half in the pitch black dark before my ride showed up. I was very close to having a nervous breakdown by then. That was super scary and my mind made me believe I could hear things moving in the woods around me several times.

I can't even begin to describe how comforting it was to finally hear a vehicle far off in the mountains and listen to it get closer and closer and then finally see headlights.

Last edited by daylate; 03/25/20 11:07 PM.