Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
Was bowhunting a very remote area of northern michigan and was walking in past an old apple tree and all of a sudden smelled a very strong scent of like body odor but so strong like walking into a door. Thought maybe it was some of the apples that had gotten rotten but nope. Smellled just like body odor but ten times stronger. Hunted down the trail from it and when I came back past the tree after dark the smell was gone. Buddy says it was a bigfoot nearby as they like to eat the apples and smell bad.

Michigan's UP seems to be a hotbed of bigfoot activity. The most common description of the odor is the combination of wet dog and rotting carcass smell. However, most people say it's so powerful that you feel it as much as you smell it. Kind of like, walking into a wall, as you described.

Yes all of a sudden the smell was overwhelming in about a 20 yd. area. Gave me the creeps. The fact that it was gone 3 hours later tells me something was there earlier. Had a strange feeling all afternoon too. Glad I didn't see a bigfoot as that would freak me out. I have spent my entire life in the woods and seen some weird stuff but never a bigfoot.