The beauty of St Andrews is that they actually have FIVE courses there. If you know the history os St Andrews, they ADORE Bobby Jones over there. The five St Andrews courses spell out JONES with their first letters:
Jubilee
Old
New
Eden
Strathem

I played the Old course on a Saturday and wanted to play again on Sunday, but the Old Course is closed on Sundays. So I played the Strathem Course on Sunday morning with the Head Groundskeeper and his two sons. The greens fees were only 15 Pounds ($22.00 US) vs 80 Pounds ($120 US) for the Old Course. Hotels in St Andrews are VERY pricey so we stayed at a nice B & B in Luchers about 10 miles away for 60 Pounds ($90) with a free full breakfast. If you’re a golfer it’s literally like a religious experience, seeing all the famous holes from previous British Opens. The beauty of the Old Course is they don’t water the fairways, so if you hit a draw like me, you can hit it a mile. I’m not a long hitter, but drove the 10th Hole, a 310 yard par 4. You MUST walk (no carts) and have a handicap of 18 or less. When I played there in 2000 I had an 8 handicap and brought my USGA Handicap card with me. You also need a local caddy, since the only holes you can find on your own are #1 and #18. I split the caddy fee with the 3 Americans I played with. There are something like 114 bunkers there and they’re NOT visable from the tees or around the green. If you land in a bunker you may need to blast out sideways or even backwards.

Jesus saves,but Moses invests