Originally Posted by top cat
They keep trying to revive the downtown area. Doesn't seem to be working. Just guessing.

Reviving Downtown, Mid City has one of the biggest real estate projects in the country going on. Money towards Business after business, Companies coming to town. They are building and expanding school after school as fast as they can. Huntsville was doing a great job in trying to keep up with infrastructure when I left working there last year. Unfortunately they are probably growing even quicker than they thought they would. The growth is catching up to the progress. They should have already began expansions to the VBC or planned accordingly on that front, but haven't. I was saying years ago that they should pay a little attention to it. The city has everything it needs to be a real competitor with other big cities. I guess they just need to focus on the growth before they focus on anymore play.
Originally Posted by JBL
Originally Posted by TravisBatey
Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote
With ALL that's going on in Huntsville the powers that be had better get a bigger venue built.

No kidding

Sadly the huntsville powers that be seem the be very content with the infrastructure, venues, etc.. I dont know where their focus is. People are moving in there at an astounding rate. On avg 112 per week as of last year, I would say more now. And they dont seem to be doing anything to accommodate. Traffic keeps getting worse year after year. Theres not a whole lot do do around town. They outgrew the VBCC years ago. New jobs open up daily. Where is all that revenue going? I'd love to know. It doesn't seem to be going into the future of Huntsville, that I will argue.

The fool tells me his reasons; the wise man persuades me with my own.