I’ve got a couple of red dirt logging roads that are cut right through the middle of the property. At the top of the hill I have a plot that this road runs right through the middle, half the plot to the east and other to the west. Planted Longleafs for 50 + acres all around. It’s a beautiful set up. BUT, the road is SLAM full of coyote tracts. That field gets hunted 5 times a year tops. The deer are the spookiest on this plot. I think it’s because it is a coyote hwy. I have one other field that is somewhat similar. You can see where the coyotes scat and piss and scratch on the ground right before they enter the field, I guess to mark their territory. The deer use both of these fields the least and are spooky on both. Both hill top fields. Hunting pressure is basically nonexistent. Turkey don’t seem to mind it one bit and these two fields are my best Turkey plots. Go figure.

Last edited by RareBreed; 03/05/20 12:25 AM.

"I didn’t mean to kill nobody, I just meant to shoot him once in the head and two times in the chest. Him dying was between he and the Lord."
Legendary bluesman R.L. Burnside