Originally Posted by jaredhunts
Originally Posted by johndeere5036

I see tracks and crap where they will travel the roads during the night but where the hell do they go. Out of all the 20 something years I’ve been hunting I bet I can count on both hands how many coyotes I’ve killed. The damn things are smart. I just wonder where the go during the day or where they live. You can walk through the woods all day and never jump a coyote. If they use roads as interstates where the heck do they live at. Sometimes when they fire up at dark you will hear a dozen or so and you would think that in packs like that you would be able to kill them all or at least see a lot together but you never do.

Its possible their numbers aren't as high as we think they are. I saw and killed the first one on our place this season. A large male. When they sound off at night you would think there were a hundred of them. Probably could trap a few more. Burn piles or landings are were they may have dens.

I can fill up 2 hands worth every other year....and then I got 2 people that hunt em and fill up 2 hands each every year...they around me for sure

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Ben Franklin