I'm not referring to anything about coyote history and how the numbers have grown. I'm specifically talking about how they currently distribute themselves across the landscape. It's not at all being done evenly and food is not the only factor at play. I was talking to a buddy of mine that has a few hundred acres about coordinating some trapping efforts in our neighborhood recently. He tells me he'd like to but really doesn't think he'd do any good because he rarely sees any on his place or gets pics of them....hardly any sign of then being there other than occasionally. Why is that? It's not completely about food because he has potential food sources. I believe it because of the inefficiency in the way the landscape sets ups. There is not a lot that links him to any larger chain of easy travel across large distances. There's also a small high fence in the interior that used to be an orchard growers. It butts up to the big creek and likely helps fragment the landscape to make it even more inefficient for them. If it takes them crossing 100 trails to find 1 meal then they want to do it in as easy and efficient way as possible....not travel way out the way to check 5

Last edited by CNC; 03/04/20 12:17 PM.

We dont rent pigs