Originally Posted by CNC
Originally Posted by N2TRKYS

Nature absolutely does. The biggest and strongest, typically, do the breeding. They're also typically the healthiest. Why do you think that doesn't exist?

Because I think body size would have a far greater impact on what you’re talking about than whether they had a spike on one side or a perfect 10 pt frame….I don’t know if attitude is any way somehow passed on but that more important as well than rack size and score. Antler characteristics do not provide any evolutionary advantage. The only thing I could even possibly come up with is that if the doe were more attracted to big racks but I don’t think it plays out that way….Even if antlers did somehow play a role in an evolutionary “survival of the fittest” type way….aren’t many of these cull hunters shooting the big SOOS buck and claiming that he likely whipped all of the other bucks. I mean wouldn’t the one in the pic I posted have the advantage there and therefore carry the best gene to pass on?? Nature and evolution isn't choosing for and trying to produce one fiddy's….those traits only matter to hunters

Do you see a vast number of perfect 10s that don't fit into the healthiest herd group? If you think they're attracted to their racks, then I'll disagree with your reasoning as it pertains to whitetails.

83% of all statistics are made up.