Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by CatHeadBiscuit
Originally Posted by GomerPyle
Originally Posted by AU7MM08
I'm happy with my Champion Victory that has a manual dial lock. I'm glad I went with a dial lock.

For an added layer of security, you can tie in a $25 Wyze Cam on top of the safe.

Yeah I'd much rather have the old school dial, but i just cant afford a new one, so im limited to what folks are selling used when they upgrade.

Same story here but I didn’t wait long enough for a old school dial to come up used for sale instead of keypad. Haven’t been burned but I am not satisfied with depending on a battery. I don’t really feel they keep your toys safe from outside people. They are really for keeping your people safe from your toys.

That's exactly why you need one. Especially if you have kids or grandchildren in the house.
I'm less concerned about a theif and more interested in keeping the kids away from the guns when I'm not there.

Yeah, that's kinda where I'm at. I'm debating just getting an inexpensive one - maybe another 18-24 gun safe and just set it beside my current one. I only have a couple of guns that are sentimental, and I could put them in the Sentry that is [supposedly] fire-resistant, then put the others in whatever other cheap safe I got just to keep them away from the kids and maybe slow-down a half-assed theif. If those got stolen or burnt up, well, that's what insurance is for.

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft