Originally Posted by Teacher One
The property we hunted was in the Chance-Lower Peach Tree area and there is a member on here who owns it now. I just don't remember who has it. The only thing ever done to this place was the cutting of trees off it when we leased it. You went back in time when you got there it was so remote. Alligators, hogs, you name it, they called it home and we were visitors there.

There were plenty of oak trees and plenty for the deer to eat. We just all assumed it was genetic and dropped the lease after one year. There was not a single deer killed there that had a matching rack. One side always had a spike, and only a few of the spikes even had a curve to them. There were racks left on the well supports there that were the same as we killed that had been left by other hunters before us. Maybe the member that has the tract now will chime in and let us know what it's like now.

When we hunted it, I was big into bow hunting and I didn't have much of a cull factor. I killed a couple of truckloads of deer off it that one year. I also killed two hogs that were published in the magazine AL Game and Fish in their camera corner feature. They were the largest hogs I have ever seen in the wild. Everything else grew there like it was supposed to. The deer just didn't grow a matching rack. I really believe it was the genetics at play messing them up.

But here's the thing when saying it's genetic. Those bucks your talking about we're most likely not born on that property. The vast majority of then anyways. They came there as a dispersing yesrling from othother surrounding properties . It varies according to habitat but you're likely talking about the possibility of the young dispersing yeslrings coming from any property within say 3-5 miles in any direction. You get a mived bag of young ones each year that could come from any and all of those properties. You might as well put all of them within that radius into a lottery bin and draw them out like Powerball. What are the chances then to draw out only soos bucks for your property?

We dont rent pigs