Okay, here's my story if you care for a long read. Not ashamed at all to tell it, and it did teach me some life lessions early on as young little fella.

I was that skinny kid back in the early 80's with glasses in the 8th grade that got bullied by two 9th grade twin brothers that loved to beat me up. They would beat me up once a week after we got off the school bus for no reason. I did nothing to them to cause them to gang up on me and beat the chit of me.

Went home, closed my door, cried like a sissy, and kept it away from my Dad. My Dad knew something was wrong with me because I stayed strached up, and one of front teeth was broke in half, and needed to be fixed. He knew.

So, Dad told me he wanted to talk with me after he finshed unloading the motar mixer (bricklayer).

Now what I'm about to say, was a day I would never forget as a youngun, and the words my Dad spoke to me.

Goes like this:

Dad: Son, I know your getting you arse beat at school, and it's okay, you don't have to be embarrashed or ashamed, sometimes chit happens. Hell son, I got my arse beat to sometimes. But I always fought hard, and never backed down.

Me: I don't know what to do to get them from beating on me. There big boys and brothers.

Dad: How big are they? Me: Twice my size. Dad: That's good. Me: Your crazy Dad. Dad: I was All-American pulling guard at 5'10 back in 60's at Southern Miss, and loved nothing more than to take those 6' tall guys and dump them on their arse. Me: I can't win this battle. Dad: Yes you can, and I tell you how. Tomorrow when your on that bus coming home, dont wait for the bus to stop. I want you to approach the biggest one from behind, and bite his ear, and do not let go, and while your doing that unch him as hard as you can in the face, until either his brother or someone pulls you off. Dad: Make sure he NEVER FORGETS YOU....do you here me son? Me: Yes sir. Dad: Don't worry about the damn school, I will handle that if you get suspended.

Things changed forever for me after that day on the bus, and following my Dad's advice back in those days. Later in life I ran into those two twin brothers after playing ball in college, finished up degree, and was beginning my carrer path. I hugged both, and thanked them for helping to shape me into a person that is fair, protects the weaker, and never backs down. THEY SAID: We damn sure don't won't any trouble.

I'm 52 yrs old now, and have a 13 yr old that came along late in life with my wife of 30yrs. He is a good boy, humble, respectful, protects the weeks, friends the nerds, and will not back down. I have sign on my back porch that says: Never Quit and Never Back Down !