Originally Posted by Bigbamaboy
Originally Posted by hallb
Oats' whole philosophy is shoot 3's, so can't blame a guy for following what coach is telling them to do. That being said, we're hitting a fair amount of them, but if we're going to be chunking up that many three's, need to get some guys that can hit them regularly.

Let’s go over this again.

Alabama is ranked #2 in the nation in scoring l, averaging 83.2 points per game. Bama is currently # 86 out of 350 teams in 3pt % with 35.1 %. The number one team, BYU, is at 42.6 % but has only taken 714 attempts. Bama has taken 766, or 7th most in the nation.

Some of y’all act like Bama isn’t scoring, or that all their guards suck and can’t shoot. Shackleford averaged 46 points per game last year.

Idk what more y’all expect in Oats first year.

So the defense is crappy is what you're saying, b/c amazing to lose that many games and be averaging that many points. But have you watched a game yet? Have you noticed all of the bricked and airballed threes? I think those stats are a bit skewed b/c they've had some where they hit a really high rate of 3 and others, not so much. I'm not questioning Oat's, I like the strategy, I'm just saying he hasn't had a chance to recruit his shooters that he needs.