Originally Posted by hunterbuck
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
Originally Posted by Barton
I am surprised you felt that the Optika6 3-18 didn't have great low light visibility? I used mine to take a nice buck right at legal shooting time and watched him through my scope and bino's for 20 min before that. Having worked for a different optic company for about 10 years I am thoroughly impressed with what the Optika6 brings to the table and the price. I have put this scope on everything from a .17 Airgun all the way to a .375 H&H with no issues. Some of my buddies have even hopped on the Meopta bandwagon after checking out my Optika6. I loaned a friend of mines Nephew my rifle and he took his first buck ever in thick woods at first light.

Optika6 3-18

Oh I think it’s a good scope and good in low light, just not better than a SWFA HD optically. Definitely has more features than an SWFA.

Didn't you just make a post over on the campfire last week talking about your SWFA being subpar in brightness during legal shooting hours? Couldn't see some deer at a very short distance?

I know there are some guys who like the SWFA scopes, but I can't get past the fact that they're a Tasco. I've looked through a couple before and found them to be nothing beyond average optically. I've heard on the plus side, they are very repeatable when dialing. But like I say....it's still a Tasco.

You clearly don’t get the concept of SWFA scopes and apparently haven’t looked through the 3-9 version either. The 3-9x42 HD is made by LOW in Japan, the same company that makes the Bushnell LRHS/LRTS, Vortex Razor and Nightforce SHV, so I guess they are just a Tasco also.

The sub-$300 fixed SWFA SS scopes were designed as an aiming device that tracks true and holds zero under the recoil of a 50-cal. They do this extremely well and better than most scopes costing 3-4x as much. Do you really think it can track perfect, hold zero and have stellar glass all for under $300???

However, the resolution on the fixed 6x SS is still surprisingly good and in fact good enough to resolve 22-cal holes at 100 yards.

I’ll take a “reliable” scope over great glass anytime. I have binos for “looking” at stuff.

You're only as good as your worst shot-