Originally Posted by 1bamashooter
Originally Posted by Jtb51b
Originally Posted by twaldrop4
Tell me what I need to buy to leave the store and come home and load. I mean powder and all

Most manufacturers sell a basic kit. With a kit, a set of dies, a pound of powder, primers and bullets you could start loading straight wall pistol stuff right away. If you want to load for a rifle you will need some more things, trimmer ETC. Most of the kits have a press, a manual and other basic tools to get started. Might be a good idea to get a friend who loads to go with you to buy, be prepared to spend a good deal to get started. After you get the stuff yall can set it up and learn on your own equipment. Nothing more annoying that watching someone with advanced tools and knowledge at their equipment and then coming home to try and remember it all on your own different stuff.

Jason

Dont load pistol or buy pistol powder until you get some experience. It's too easy to double charge a pistol case and blow your shucks up. Start with rifle then move to pistol a basic kit is all you need for either

Which basic kit comes with a trimmer? I started with 38 special with a lee loader squeeze loader and I have never blown up anything. You can blow up a rifle just as easily with the wrong powder.

Jason