Originally Posted by 257wbymag
Earl I’ve thought about this very thing. I just need a big farm to bring a few key guys to. We’re having to think about all options right now. And I got a few young guys ready to go if you find me the farm

https://www.landandfarm.com/property/Bogue_Chitto-9237059/

Plenary of Tracts like this for sale anywhere from Orrville to Thomaston up to Faunsdale , south of Marion and Greensboro and from Sardis to Letohatchee and everywhere in between. Cut these pines that never should have been here and plow dirt. PLENTY of land to lease on the cheap as well. A lot of these cattle guys won’t be around much longer either or kids just don’t want to mess with it.
I’ll do the homework if I have to. I told a buddy a couple of years ago the reason I’m staying put is it’s my dream to watch farming make a resurgence in Dallas the surrounding counties and breath some life back into the place. Good families like it used to be. I want to see cotton lining Dallas ave and looking like it snowed taking it to the Gins.
I know a family from Ocala that are looking since they are being offered BIG $$ for their land north of Orlando to develop. Too much $$ to say no and their land will soon be surrounded by neighborhoods. They could triple their land holdings and still have $$ in the bank. Farming is in their blood and they want to relocate and pass something on to their kids and grands. Hope they do and hope they bring others with them. Cattle operation of course but I ain’t complaining.

"I didn’t mean to kill nobody, I just meant to shoot him once in the head and two times in the chest. Him dying was between he and the Lord."
Legendary bluesman R.L. Burnside