On the floodlights get good bulbs. I’ve changed ours out with Duracell Led 75w daylight 40 degree floodlight bulbs. They will light the whole place up.

Far as the no lights on in the house. We where doing the no lights on but late one night about 6 months after we had moved in this house the alarm went off. It was pitch black in the house and the key pad was on the other side of the house. Grabbed my gun and had to clear the house. One other problem was they the previous owners had an extra siren installed and it was in the hallway by our room. It was so freaking loud there could have been elephants running in the house and you could not have heard them. At that point I was wishing there was a light on in the kitchen area, which is where all the entrances are. Luckily it was just a glitch in the alarm. The next day I had the alarm guy come out and replace the old keypad, disconnect the extra siren by our room, and added a keypad in our bedroom closet. Now we leave one small light on in the kitchen and a light post outside in the front yard
If you ever have an alarm system make sure you have another keypad close to your bedroom.

"Life is hard; It's harder if you're stupid" John Wayne