Originally Posted by Spec
Interesting encounter with a “GW” last week. I was setting up my brother who is in a wheel chair and a truck pulls up on us. As I approach the truck a guy stepped out the passenger seat saying they needed to get down our road to check timber on a diff piece of property. I said not a chance at 3:00pm on Friday afternoon we were hunting. He was quick to say he was a GW and that he was contacted by a land owner to show a logger where their property was located. My response was “not my problem”. I did offer them access the next day around lunch if they wanted. He proceeds to show me some type of badge (I never really looked at it). In a matter of 3 min he went from area game warden, to retired game warden to GW in different area. He was not ugly to us just seemed irritated with us. Question is if he was a GW off duty do I have to give him access. He claimed to have permission to use that road but started side stepping when I told him I was the only one who could give permission. There are other roads to that property just in bad shape. I either own or lease all property bordering that road.

And I would have had my cell phone out videoing and getting pics of him, the vehicle, and the tag. id put a camera up. He will be back.

Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching - even when doing the wrong thing is legal. Aldo Leopold .. (except when it comes to trailer tags)