One point of electronic reporting is to do away with physical check stations. Even Wisconsin, which mandated reporting and used check stations for decades, got away from the physical stations about three years ago.

There won't be any physical check stations other than on WMAs. Hunters won't drive 20, 30, 40 minutes out of the way to a station, especially at night. And if they get home with a deer they're not hauling it out the next morning. They're just not.

If they won't comply with modern technology to use an electronic reporting system, they're not going to jump back 30-plus years for a physical one.

Physical, visible tags on every deer would be a start. No tag, you're busted. period. Just like in Iowa, Kansas, Indiana and other states.

Ikillbux made a good point: until hunters want something, and I would add that "enough hunters" want something, it won't happen.

For a long time hunters wanted a buck limit. Then, "enough hunters" and some "I don't give a damn, figure it out and do it" state officials made it happen.

For a long time, hunters have wanted reduced "doe days." Yet y'all who want that aren't piling into the CAB meetings and torturing the DCNR offices with calls and emails about it. You say it doesn't matter, but when 350 people show up at meetings going on about does, or bucks, or why spotted fawns are now legal, or physical deer/turkey tags, or anything else, it gets their attention.

Proof? Dog deer hunters showed up en masse for years (decades) at meetings. Did they always get what they wanted? No. Did they make a point with their continued support? Yes. And so did those who wanted assistance from dogs being let loose. Is it perfect? No. But had either side just said, "Eh, phuck it, they won't listen" then they wouldn't have gotten anything at all.

Last edited by Clem; 01/30/20 12:43 PM.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020