Originally Posted by kodiak06

The tags to help a little bit. I think the confirmation numbers on the tags are the real enforcer here now

Like Outback, I will comply with the checking requirements when I kill a deer or turkey.

But if I were of the mind to not report, I would have zero fear of being stopped with an unchecked deer. Cheating the system is comically easy.

I know the agency here has for years eschewed implementation of physical tags, either issued by them or required to be created and affixed by the hunter. And also possibly has roadblocks about requiring taxidermists and processors to be (IMO psuedo) agents of the state and requiring confirmation numbers before doing any work.

But if they want GameCheck data to be more reliable, one or both of those is going to have to happen. I think it would suck because I'm for fewer government intrusion and regulations, laws and requirements. But it's clear that after multiple seasons of mandatory GameCheck and a lot of hunters giving the big "FU" finger, they'll either have to use what they have or add more requirements.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020