[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We tracked a buck for a 91yo hunter who shot a buck and they needed some help. When his grandson called me and told me it was for his 91yo grandfather I loaded up the dogs and headed his way. We got to the shot site and there was a pile of blood in the field. Then it started to fade out as we searched. Initially we took the wrong hill after trying to catch up with Ada. We were able to call her back and get our bearings and sent her from last blood. She took the trail down a creek and then turned up the bank. She locked up on point and I knew that the deer was close and probably still alive. And alive he was he was bedded up in a briar bush and staring at us. I asked for the gun, which was another mix up when we left the truck I asked if they had a pistol but they thought I said I had a pistol so here we are in the woods with a buck staring at us and no gun. We regroup and i was able to whoa Ada until they came with my rifle that was back at the truck and I finished the buck off. We took him back to camp and he got to share the kill with his grandkids and great grandchildren and other friends and family. It was an awesome experience. I hope at 91yo I'm still hunting.

It isn't necessary to see a good tackle...you can hear it.

Knute Rockne