Originally Posted by BhamFred
Originally Posted by kodiak06
Originally Posted by Remington270
Originally Posted by Zkd22
I recently became a Mississippi resident. I have a lifetime Alabama license and I own property in Alabama and pay taxes on it. I know some may disagree but I think it’s bs that I have to buy a non resident baiting permit.

Same here. In fact, I think if you got a ticket for not having a baiting "privilege" permit, you could take it to court and win. The lifetime license entitles you to all hunting privileges for the rest of your life in Alabama. And that's what you paid for. If they started requiring a bow and arrow permit, would that be excluded too? It's silly.

Think of it this way. If the state "took away" certain hunting privileges, would they give you a fraction of your money back? No. So why should you pay more for more privileges?

You're saying yourself it's an extra privilege and asking why you pay. That makes no sense...
No way you win that in court. You have the privilege to hunt, that hasn't been lost. Baiting is a perk not a right... I could care less how it works, I just know I'll buy the permit if I come down to hunt over bait. You guys should hunt waterfowl without a waterfowl stamp, no difference...

the hell there isn't

Whats the differance? A baiting privilege has nothing to do with a life time hunting license, it's 2 different things.