Originally Posted By: gobbler
Originally Posted By: 49er
Bear in mind that this amendment only applies to hunting deer.

If you kill a member of any other species, the game warden may call Montgomery and invoke the "square mile" area standard instead of the "out of sight and 100 yds away" standard.

More worthless confusion and added vaguness, IMO.

Repeal the baiting laws and be done with this mess.

Got to agree. Dream, if this was simply an attempt to define area then simply make baiting legal and don't worry about what "area" means. If I can sit in a stand 101 yds from a feeder, hidden behind a tree, filled with corn and/or something else and shoot a deer within 5' of it, it is clearly baiting. Don't hide it behind "defining area" or "supplemental feed". We all know how this will be used. I don't care one way or another but call a spade a spade.

Why would this bill NOT address other species?

I am all about calling a spade a spade. And this bill is flat out a legalized baiting bill. It is a legalized baiting bill on private property, not public land. Private land owners in the U.S. have rights just like you have the right to shoot squirrels off your bird feeder in the suburbs. Oh I'm sorry you are within 200 yards of a public school, you need to be put in jail for two years for shooting a squirrel with your BB gun.

Never Trust Government

"You can be broke but you cant be poor." Ruthie-May Webster