Originally Posted By: jlccoffee
Originally Posted By: Fun4all
[quo but government is best when it does nothing! .

I guess I am having a hard time following you. You seem to want the government to keep people from baiting deer on their land, and at the same time you state it is best when government does nothing?

Seem to be contradicting yourself.

A person can already "bait" and provide "supplemental feed" on their own property, so no I am not against that. I am against the sole purpose that there seems to be such a noisy group for "baiting" is because they don't want to have to figure out how to do it under the current regs and will make any attempt of coming up with reasons to justify pouring bait out of a bag because that is how they want to do it.

You can read the "bills" that have been presented and read the comments on this site and see that the proposed "bills" only cause more confusing, discussion, angst, etc because they don't address each individuals ideas of how it should be. For one if baiting should be legal (pouring bait out of a bag), then it should be legal in the States terms on ALL (public/open permit and private) properties and let the land owner determine if it is allowable on their individual properties. But of course the pro-baiters are not advocating for that, they are advocating for their own little "entitlement".

Contradiction I think not, because a person can legally "bait" or provide "supplemental feed" under the current regulations. If the government gets into changing the regs there will be a group(s) that will receive the opportunity and a group(s) that will not receive the same opportunity (opportunity and benefit have two completely separate meanings that is why opportunity was used). The government will only provide more confusion and words on paper that will be interpreted in different ways and therefore should just stay out of the way. Nobody could have stated what the government, at all levels, does better than Nancy Pelosi when she said "we have to pass the bill to see what is in it" and that my friend is exactly what will happen.

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope