Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Is a 2 year old cowhorn spike a cull? If not, why not? It's definitely a deer with inferior antler genetics. Whether killing the deer will effect the gene pool has no bearing on my question.

I would say if he is a 2 year old spike he is more than likely a genetically inferior buck to the 2 year old basket racked 6,7,8,9,10 point. I say if you hunt in a place with a lot of deer and you want to shoot him to allow the more superior bucks to have more groceries, take him out. Or if you have a tag to burn and just tired of seeing his ugly mug take him out. If you want to call him a cull in that context I would say you would be correct.

If you think shooting him is going to improve the genetics on your property and you call him a cull in that regard well you are just wrong.

I don't care what people shoot where they hunt. Where I hunt I don't really care if you shoot a 3 year old 3 point or a 2 year old with 14 inch spikes. What I don't want you to shoot is a 90"-100" 2 year old or 115"-120" 3 year old.

Last edited by mike35549; 12/25/19 04:39 PM.

If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough.