I think a couple of folks have eluded to what is reality most of the time. Unless you have a fence around your land, culling is useless. Culling does work, any deer breeder could give a good seminar on it im sure but it dont go exactly like the average hunter has it in his head. According to the people making millions of dollars doing it, antlers have as much to do with mama as they do daddy so its gona be next to impossible to do without that fence. If a fella wants to shoot a messed up rack deer so he dont have to look at it any more, good for him. If you want to call it a cull, go for it. If im sitting there on the last day and I have yet to kill a deer because im waiting on a big old deer,and I am by the way, and a 3yo walks out with a set of horns I like, hes fixin to get "culled". Alot of all this disagreement is all in the wording. I think most of us actually agree on whats being talked about here. If that fella hasnt killed a deer in a while and he wants to really bad so he does and justifies it as beilg a "cull", humor him, hes just wanting to get some blood on him.