Legitimate question... why do folks leave climbing stands in the woods? I read about this all the time, and hunted around folks all my life who'd leave their climber (or an extra) in the woods.

I primarily ask because don't your seats and arm / gun rest cushions get wet??? I mean, it rains during the week and gets that stand soaking wet, then you go in on Saturday morning when it's 25 degrees and have to sit in that WET stand. (yes I realize most seats are removeable, but good grief it isn't easy, my API is 12-15 yrs old and I've never removed the seat from it)

I ask secondarily because is it really that difficult to walk in/out with a climber? Heck, I made a 1.26 mile walk (each way), Friday and Saturday at Choccolocco WMA (which you may know is extraordinarily steep and rugged), and have done similar and even longer walks with a climber for 30 years. Most of those years have been with a 23 to 26 pound API and/or Summit climber, and a large shoulder bag full of goodies (probably as heavy as the stand), my gun or bow, and often extra clothes/bibs/jackets tucked in the stand.

And I also think about varmints eating the cushions.

I don't really mean this series of questions as a critique, I just wouldn't dream of leaving my good stand in the woods.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.