I don't understand how one of the most formidable "armies" in the world has to rely on outside assistance in an armed shooter situation. I go on Kennedy Air Force Base quite often and they have guards out there that would give the Rangers or Seals a heck of a fight. They aren't no joke. I'm glad the Escambia Sheriff's office is near and they responded so quickly, but that's just unimaginable. I doubt it would have happened if there were guards or the soldiers on watch were armed. My son does watch and was scheduled to be at the naval museum, and his roommate had watch at this building during the event. She was just one or two floors up from the shooting. They are armed with nothing more than a ball point pen. The only times I've been through the gate with an officer, the guards see their uniform and glance at their ID, salute them and waive them through. You could get any weapons you wanted in there with a military ID.

not sure what the best way to handle them is but they shouldnt be on tv and gettn married and raisin kids