Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
What a load of chit. Scouting is not what it was back in the day. Used to be a really good organization for a lot of young men women growing up. As a former Eagle Scout, I used to donate to them just because it was such an integral part of my life from ages 10-15. Stopped many years ago after they started their liberal lean and will never support them on a national level again.

Dr. B

Here locally I had my son in the Cub Scout pack. Once they made their transgender stance I had just about all I could take but the other leaders begged us to stay if our local pack would make a public comment on it so we did. Finally the letting girls in things happened. I personally made the public comment that time and District as well as State did not like it one bit. We had sold our community that our pack would remain a traditional scouting organization and our numbers were increasing dramatically. People here really resonated to that. Well the actual scouting employees of BSA were women so they didn't like our stance one bit and eventually had the state and District council force the girl thing down our throats so I along with 80% of the pack left. I didn't urge them to leave at all, when my resignation email went out I was contacted by all the parents and they willingly followed. We now have started our own scouting organization in the North Alabama area. Every time we go to a campground or park and ask for the scout rate and explain to them what we're doing they love it. We started with 12 boys and have already tripled in size. We call ourselves the ALFAS (Adventure Leadership Friendship Achievement Service; and obviously a play on words - Alpha male).