Originally Posted By: Todd1700
Quote:
Maybe my view point is this way because I started deer hunting over bait and it is normal to me.

That's exactly it. Conversely many here that oppose it believe it's wrong for no other reason than the fact they have just always been told it's wrong.

Quote:
I have only seen small bucks and does eating bait during daylight hours in those 10 years

In the past 15 years of supplemental feeding on our land and keeping game cameras out, out of thousands of pictures I have only a handful of photos of a shooter buck at a feeder in daylight. In order to make it to a mature age on even moderately hunted land in Alabama you can bet a buck has become a pretty reclusive animal. And he isn't going to lose his mind and forget the habits that got him to that age just because someone pours out a sack of corn. I think a lot of people are basing their opinions on the effects of corn on big bucks on what they see on TV hunting shows filmed in pens with semi-domesticated deer. Those shows and the behavior of the deer on them bear little resemblance to the world most of us hunt in.

Great Post Hoss!

Should baiting be allowed on public land?

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope