Originally Posted by JBL
Originally Posted by doekiller
Originally Posted by JBL
Originally Posted by quailmanman
wow. if you add up all of the benefits, base pay etc. they are 6 figure employees and technically work part time in comparison to other professions.

My point exactly. They have a better retirement than our military and federal government employees.

I'm calling bulldoodoo on the federal government retirement not being better. About 10 years ago, I was offered a job with a federal department. The benefits were much better and the retirement was much better. The job I was offered, health insurance for family was included for free and you were fully vested in retirement after 10 years.

The chart is correct. The only thing that doesn't show is the cost of health coverage goes up substantially once you retire.

Im just talking about retirement only. What was the retirement they offered you? It should have been a pension of 1.1% (after 10 years) of your high 3 salary average and for the thrift savings plan should have given 1% of your annual salary deposited into your retirement account, and up to 5% matching.

I don't remember specifically. It wasn't a GS level job type. It was with the federal office of public defenders.