I'm not sure all the people are obsessing. There are some concerns that the methods one uses to hunt can lead to either a decrease in the acceptance of hunting across the human population and methods can also be deleterious to the targeted animal population. Baiting is one of those methods that can be extremely polarizing. Hard core trout fishermen hate barbs and probably me the most when I troll large cranks. I really dislike those that shoot small caliber guns (under 243) because it takes more skill to have an effective/humane kill with those guns and most aren't that good. There are some real consequences to methods chosen.

I am very disappointed in my dealings with snobby hunters, but equally put off by the real slobs out there. Both can do harm to the continuation of consumptive methods of management of our game species. The nation is changing and if there isn't some self-policing I don't think any of us are going to like the outcome. If you guys think you have the support inside state agencies that existed 20 years ago I've got a bridge to sell you.

By the way...I'm sure I've probably been considered both a snobby hunter and a slob hunter. I guess people are right. I don't care what people shoot, but just that they don't waste the animal/or lose it.