Originally Posted by BowtechDan
Originally Posted by tbest3
Originally Posted by Cuz-Pat
Great to see him lead his team in a fine comeback. thumbup

Yep.

Hurts situation says alot about collegiate sports. He's a class act. And he'd still be at Bama if he wasn't screwed over and judged on one bad game. But he's gone and now the next man up is up. Enjoy that one.

I understand what you are saying Dan and I hated to see Hurts leave and I was a fan of his from the start. It’s like Bama changed it’s entire offensive philosophy with Tua as starting quarterback. And there’s a reason for that. Not only having one of the best passing quarterbacks in the nation but the best three wide receivers as well. The running game would have been a bigger weapon this season if the young highly touted freshman hadn’t of gotten hurt in summer camp. He’s going to be something special in the future.

But with Tua being the starter this season and the defense giving up big plays constantly and the inability to get off the field on third down Bama wouldn’t be as dominant on offense I don’t think with Hurts as the starter this season. But then again with Tua being injury prone Hurts could’ve won the starting job back. Plus as a Bama fan I would have loved like last season having those two as your quarterback’s.

Having said all of this either one of the two would have eventually left Bama due to lack of playing time. Both are starters at the D1 level obviously. Selfishly I wish right now Hurts was still wearing the Crimson of Bama and not OU. But I’m happy for him and what he is accomplishing there.

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!