Originally Posted by turkey247
How short sighted and selfish does a grown man have to be to not understand the potential benefits and good that happens when youth have a special season to hunt.

I guess if you inherited 1000 acre farm and your family is the only one that hunts, it wouldn’t matter - I understand that. But try to think about a real world situation, dang!

And how about don’t worry about Bubba taking his 3 year old and hunting this weekend. That’s a rare deal, and that guy is doing worse than that at any given time of the year. Because there’s thousands of parents and guardians and groups doing awesome things this weekend.

And for a normal club setting, or public land, this will be the best chance for a youth to see deer and be successful, especially in “easy” hunt situations, like a food plot. Before all the gun hunting pressure drastically changes that dynamic. It is definitely one of the most successful weekends at our club. And I will take my boys hunting every chance I get the rest of the season, but the best hunting of the year for them, will be this weekend given our club situation.

Good post