Originally Posted by CAL
Originally Posted by Fldoghunter
Originally Posted by Ben2
Why we have to have a special season for every different kind of hunter is beyond me. Cant we all just hunt with what we want when the season starts? Bow hunters here is your special time, crossbow hunters here is your special time, muzzle loader hunters here is your special time, kids here is your special time. When does the (women hunters) special time start. I will wait until rifle seasonstarts since my kids will be shooting a deer with a rifle. When is the special dial time for the adult rifle hunters?

Unfortunately, that's probably the only time some folks will take their kids. I take mine all the time and will this weekend, but I've heard a lot of people complain about their kids getting in the way of them killing deer and just not take them until they're older. If you wait until 14,15 or 16, a kids chances of being an avid hunter are less IMO.

People who think like this should be ashamed of themselves. It is so much better for my children to be successful at hunting and enjoy the outdoors. Not only that but I make it a point to take a kid hunting every year that otherwise wouldn’t get to go.

I agree 100%

May the sound of hounds never die!