Originally Posted by hayman
. When I try it though it will be t&m not t& drag. I don’t like the look of the drag method although if that’s all you can do it will work. I have seen it in person.

I think you’ll be surprised what Turkeyneck’s plots look like by the end of deer season. I don’t know if mine will follow suite with all the dog fennel I have still standing but it’ll change for sure. One of the reasons I decided to experiment with something different than mowing is because my biomass is so thick that mowing it is actually pretty cumbersome. I have to go slow and run back over it at least twice to process it all up….It takes a lot longer than just dragging and laying the biomass over and it works my tractor pretty hard too. I was curious if I could achieve the same results with a lot less time and effort invested. It doesn’t look as neat but I believe its just as effective. If you have luck with your T&M plots then it’ll change you’re outlook on things and you’ll be more open later on down the road to just dragging and leaving it messy looking. This all takes some getting used to.

Last edited by CNC; 11/10/19 10:56 PM.

We dont rent pigs