Originally Posted by N2TRKYS

If you're good with not maximizing the potential of your space, then that's cool. Good for you with not chasing the best and being happy with average.

I’m good with it if you are…. beers .. One thing to keep in mind about some of the stuff I’m doing is that it's trial and error with this and that to see what happens and test different ideas. If what I do fails then my dick isn’t any shorter for it. It’s called experimenting. The very reasons I like to see others join along is 1) It gives genuine testimonials as to other peoples’ experience which in turn makes other people less skeptical and more open to trying something different………

2)….and two it expands the number of people doing their own experimenting. This stuff takes time and I can only test so much myself each rotation without turning everything into squared off 100 plot test facilty…I’m not wanting to do that because some of the ideas I’m testing too have to do with the bigger picture of things. I’m nearly 10 years deep into experimenting now with different ways of doing this and I still have a number of other things I want to tweak and see what happens. I also expect the natural process of things to change as the soil continues to evolve toward more a climax soil and species composition. I expect some other species to start coming in behind the dog fennel. I may have to help stunt it a little to allow the other things to take hold. In the beginning there was only crabrass. I see clearly what its role was now…..A lot of folks would have said to get rid of it….its bad….but it was the very thing I needed in years one and two. It had a purpose. I think I’m actually helping to promote the dog fennel to thrive a liitle more than it would have by the fact I’m adding a decent amount of 34-0-0. I that combined with my organic N may be causing the fennel to explode…..excess N…..I ‘m thinking of backing off on the N next year just to see if I can grow cereal rye now without it.

Last edited by CNC; 11/10/19 03:50 PM.

We dont rent pigs