I ask this because I hear a lot of "a young hunter can kill whatever he wants for his 1st deer". Well, what about his second deer? Also, what if you're taking a coworker to your club for his first hunt ever? Do you limit him to whatever you have to shoot? I'm asking this because of the Ted Nugent video in the other thread. I'm apart of a club that allows for young hunters to kill whatever they want. But, if they're dad is the club member then it counts as one his dad's three bucks. Same goes if the dad takes a guest and they kill a buck. Each member gets three bucks. I know that it probably depends on the deer population on your property and whether or not y'all have a lot of does to shoot, so instead you can offer up a doe to a guest I take a lot of first time adult hunters hunting. I typically take them to my personal property. What I'm getting at is how can we recruit more adult hunters without discouraging them with the 8pt or better rules that so many clubs have? It concerns me that I am seeing fewer young adults and kids at clubs I visit when 25 years ago you couldn't drive through the camp area without nearly running over one.

GO NOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!