His system is great due to the fact that many Americans are idiots when it comes to money. His system is so simple a caveman could have come up with it but to many it’s rocket science. I’ve got friends galore that are in debt up to their eyeballs because they are dumb. Constantly buying new vehicles and trading in a year or two on another new one. They can barely afford to buy groceries but that new 2500 is in the driveway all shiny. Those are the people that need his system. I used it to a large extent when I had a good bit of outstanding debt so I could be completely out of all of it before building my house. Now I’m debt free other than this house payment I’m getting into but on day one I’ll have 25% equity due to the cash I managed to put together before building. Lots of folks could pull a page or two from his book but keeping up with the neighbors ranks above financial soundness.

Originally Posted by AU7MM08
Originally Posted by crenshawco
Originally Posted by doekiller
Don’t get me wrong, I prefer to pay cash for everything. Actually, I prefer to use my AMEX and them pay it off every month and collect the air miles.

X2. I'd much rather swipe my amex and pay it off every month. It's sad Ramsey is seen as some kind of prodigy for his simpleton money management "techniques."

He's made an entire career and become a millionaire many times over when everything can be summed in three words, Don't be stupid.
I've really got no idea why he's got the cult following he does.

Jack Bogle, Peter Lynch & Charlie Munger are men that have actually added real value, they haven't said the same canned lines day after day on the radio.