Originally Posted by Remington270
I listened to the "Hunting Land" podcast today, and they had Grant Woods on, talking about his no till system. He's into no-till drills, and not using herbicides, or fertilizer. He seemed to downplay the success of broadcasting seed, but I've had great results. I just don't think it's realistic for most folks to spend $10-20k on a drill, in addition to a tractor. You're talking about 1% of people that are both committed enough, and rich enough to do that.

I feel like it detracts from his argument, especially with the success I've had, and seen without a drill, and just broadcasting.

Who are his sponsors?? Isn't one of them the folks who make the drills he's using in the videos? Look there and you may find your answer as to why he downplays broadcasting. If everyone knew you could have the same success broadcasting then they wouldn't be buying as many fancy drills. That's my issue with the approach these guys take. They can't just tell the truth because they have to promote something that's inline with the folks who are paying the bills. It's part of it I guess. As long as you recognize that then its all good. The problem is that there's a lot of folks who don't know any better and listen to what they say as the gospel not realizing the amount of influence that $$$ is having on their message.

Last edited by CNC; 10/31/19 10:07 PM.

We dont rent pigs