I’ve killed 2 with 100 gr. Slick Tricks. Both were hit good and didn’t go far, but both blood trails were tough to follow and made small holes. Maybe the magnums are better, but I had no reason to change from my spitfires, so I went back with them.
I’ve never lost a deer due to any broadhead though I’ve shot deer with Muzzys, Thunderheads, Slick Tricks, Grim Reapers, Simmons and Spitfires. The ones I hit where I was supposed to, I found. The ones I haven’t found were shot in the guts, legs and shoulders. I like Spitfires and may or may not try something new sometime. If one consistently leaves a better blood trail than what I’m using, I may change for good. But you’ll never hear me say I lost one due to the broadhead. A rib won’t stop any of them from getting deep enough, and a big shoulder blade will stop them all.
As for the heads the OP is speaking of, they’ll kill a deer no doubt if you put it where it’s supposed to go. Making a large would to leave consistent good blood trails is where your focus should be imo.

Originally Posted by BPS
This is Aldeer! The place people come to vent their frustrations and completely change their stance a few minutes later... grin