Originally Posted By: longspur69
Originally Posted By: Fun4all
Quote 1:
Originally Posted By: Hogwild

If too many are killed, lower the limit??

From another Hogwild post, quote 2:

"Another HUGE irony in your distorted view......

Quote:
give them more freedom

Exactly how does that work???

Somebody TOOK the freedom to begin with. But, you would have the audacity to suggest that is wrong to want it back??????"

Do these two quotes look familiar??? And then turn around and state with authority "If too many are killed, lower the limit??"

Who is suggesting the taking away of freedoms????????

Fun4all, you're getting so close to getting it. One of those is for no reason other than that's the way I was brought up. The other would be for protecting the herd.

Interesting view! Let me see if I am "getting it". Being able to pour "bait" out of a bag to make it easier to kill deer, which in turn increases the number of deer killed protects the herd. Under the current regs a person can legally "bait" but chooses not to because of many factors like they just don't want to go to the trouble, or the expense, or the State won't let me do it MY way, or any other myriad of reasons (yep, you can read that as "excuse") and kills less deer doesn't protect the herd.

There I GOT IT!!!!

Oh wait a minute, easier to kill results in more deer killed and more impact to the deer herd equal less herd protection. Choosing not to legally bait for whatever reason is not as easy as pouring "bait" out of a bag and results in less kills and overall impact to the deer herd equals protects herd.

Dang and I was so close!!! Guess I will have to keep on working on that one.

Last edited by Fun4all; 02/27/12 11:00 PM.

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope