Loaded work the HST shines. Right hand on loader lever, left hand on steering wheel, forward and reverse with right foot.

Another thing to consider IF you're stuck on the MX is the other transmission offered in it is NOT a shuttle shift. It's a straight gear transmission. You can shift 1-2-3-4 on the go (may grind a little) but forward to reverse requires almost stopped and high to low a dead stop. There are dealers who call that a shuttle shift. I prefer to think they're uninformed rather than liars though.

The M6060 and 7060 (same frame size) DO HAVE a true shuttle shift. It's a manual linkage shift, unlike the electric switch operated one in the John Deere. The JD one is nice but there's a certain level of durability in levers and linkage and bolts and nuts versus wires and solenoids.

The MX also comes standard with cruise control, eliminating the "I have to hold my foot down the WHOLE TIME!" refrain so many people make. Yes, you hold the pedal down on a HST (that doesn't have cruise control) just like you do the accelerator pedal on your truck/car. The horror.

Bush hogging is also a great place to appreciate an HST. You're running the speed you want to ALL THE TIME. Getting thick? Slow down as much or as little as needed. Thinning out, speed up as much or little as needed. Yes, HST uses up some of the HP the tractor makes. You make that up and then some by running at the most efficient speed all the time. You'll get the same job done faster even with less power. The gear drive is always Goldilocks. One gear is too fast, but the one below it seems too slow.

There's no right or wrong answer. Try them both, buy what you like. It's your money.