Originally Posted by fladeerhntr
Just wanted to know what people think about this type of tractor. I am looking at possibly getting a kubota MX5200HST but am not sure how well the HST will hold up over time due to never owning one. I drove one the other day for the first time and liked it pretty well. The thing I worry about is the fact that rubber o-rings are the only thing holding it together and that scares me a little. Before I started looking at the MX5200 I had my heart set on a 65 hp M6060 but the thing I worry about with it is the size of it having to maneuver it in between trees in one of my food plots. I've read where the HST transmission gets really hot if running at a steady speed for extended periods of time which I do quite a bit since I have a 6 acre yard that I cut with a 6 foot finish mower. The other thing I wonder about with the HST is how well it performs pulling and will hold up to pulling a heavy 6.5 ft browns disc.

If I needed a tractor that large, that's exactly what I would buy. Kubota figured out hydrostatic drive a long time ago, and has been making reliable units since the 90's for sure, maybe longer than that.

Regardless of what some might say, most heavy equipment made today is hydrostatic drive, which lets you know the reliability is there. Ease of use is just a bonus.