Just to elaborate a little further on what I was saying earlier…….

I see a lot of comments folks make such as “This technique doesn’t seem to work well in this situation”….or “It doesn’t work on this type of field”…..etc……Comments like that lead me to believe that a many folks are not seeing the bigger picture. This is not simply a planting technique….It’s a long term soil building process that mimics the natural ways in which soil and plant communities are built and made to properly function. It’s something that you go into from the beginning with short term as well as long term goals……Not something where you throw out seed one year and draw conclusions from it. I believe this type of technique will likely work on most any situation. They'll just be different paths that must be taken in order to get the fields in the right condition for it to work.....The things that will need to be done will just depend on the soil type and current conditions of each field. You just need to understand the processes.....the tools that you have at your disposal....and how you can effect the situation by using those tools to tweak this and that along the way.

Also, like I was saying in the other post….you really have to recognize the difference in what a field is capable of once your farther along in the process versus just starting out. A few years ago it was time to plant and the weather man was giving a 90% chance of at least an inch or more of rain. Like everybody else I went ahead and put my seed out and mowed with expectations of rain a few days later. The forecast was a bust though and it never rained at all. Despite not having any rain my plot still germinated and started growing and eventually did just fine. It did so because I had banked and conserved so much soil moisture from the prior rains we had in the weeks leading up to planting time. It’s an apples to oranges comparison to draw conclusions on a field like mine where there is plenty of organic matter and thatch present to conserve moisture in this way versus a abused field of sand that someone is just trying to begin to turn around. These are just things that everyone needs to consider.

Last edited by CNC; 09/03/19 10:50 PM.

We dont rent pigs