Originally Posted by AlabamaSwamper
If they want less does killed then make it buck only. Pretty simple thing to do.

Alabama’s wma system is a joke and has been for years. Why I don’t support Forever Wild any more.

I don’t know why they don’t open some all season like most states do.

I hunt FW lands often both land within the WMAs and outside of WMAs. I appreciate that program and find it difficult when a hunter would not support that program. There are over 22,000 acres outside of the WMAs that are manged as open permit public lands and according to the information in the Disgest around 228,000 acres are within our WMAs. Man that would suck for the public land hunter if those 228,000 were not available.

Regarding the daily permits, the main WMA I hunt (Hollins) has been doing this for a couple years. The kiosk are easy to access and it takes all of about 2 minutes to grab a permit fill it out and move on, then at the end of my hunt another couple minutes to drop the portion you carry with you while hunting. In talking with the area bilogist, i can understand need user inormation for management and reporting to the USFW in association with the PR dollars that help fund our DNR.