Originally Posted by abolt300
Originally Posted by Remington270
Originally Posted by abolt300
Originally Posted by Stob
I'd like to see some science behind that answer/.

There isn't any. And that's why you havent seen it.................... if they had anything at all supporting their position, it would have been published and made public at the same time they announced the season change. It's your typical, "well I think it might have an impact so let's change it and see what happens."

There actually is data. The shorter the season, the less birds get killed, period. Reducing limit doesn't help much, because good hunters just recruit a new shooter to pull the trigger. I don't like a shorter season, but they're wanting less birds killed, and taking away huntable days to get there. The data is from South Carolina, I believe.

Well if that is the case, I'd expect Chuckie to just cancel turkey season all together in the near future. That would save even more birds. loco

That would be interesting if it was cancelled for 2 years or so. Be neat to see how the 1st season back would be. Would there be much more gobbling, birds work easier, not be scared of decoys, population increase or decrease.