Originally Posted by GomerPyle
Originally Posted by Bigbamaboy
Originally Posted by Fishduck
Would like to know what led up to that. Looks like road rage on the water.

From what I gathered, he was fishing close to a marina. The guys in jonboat possibly worked for the marina and they didn’t want ppl fishing there. That’s all I’ve read.

So, here's a question..............

I know if you're fishing on a public lake, you can fish around docks and such, you just can't get out of the boat onto the docs. But can you ride up into a marina to fish? Can they legally stop you? How's that work?

This bullchit goes on at Guntersville Lake around certain marinas, and other lakes.

Public water is public water including the water in, under and around marinas and their docks. Unless there is some other legitimately legal reason AND they can express it or show it, just saying "You can't fish around our docks" is a load of horsecrap.

A lot of anglers don't fight it but it's bullchit unless there is a bonafide legal ruling.

Also, in Alabama this activity by the two assholes in the jonboat in the video would easily have qualified under the state's hunter-angler harassment laws. Not to mention other charges if the guys in the bass boat wanted to have them charged, which I would have.

Last edited by Clem; 08/29/19 12:33 PM.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020