Originally Posted by NSDQ160
Originally Posted by Bull64
I didn't mention Gus in my post.My optimism is based only on our roster.This is the season that determines the fate for Gus Malzahn at Auburn.And who knows what that translates to.I,for one,am glad it's here.
Your synopsis of our preseason optimism isn't confined to just Auburn University.It plays out,over and over,all over the country.It will once again come back to Tuscaloosa in the future,so I hope you Bammers aren't taking this run for granted...

This is what bothers me about AU fans..... they seem to think our two programs are comparable. Look I enjoy the rivalry and most of my family even attended AU so there's no hate there at all but let's get real. This run is historic but Alabama has had a run in just about every decade since the 20's. We have way more National Championships than any other program even if you take away the ones people don't like to give us that we were actually awarded (yet they don't talk about the ones we were cheated out of - '66 for example). The tradition and history at Alabama is rivaled by no other program.... not even Notre Dame, Michigan, Texas, USC, Ohio State, etc can hold a candle to us.... much less AU. The ribbing is fun, the back and forth is fun but for someone to take Auburn so serious that they compare their program to ours on a wholistic scale is asinine. It's also crazy to discredit the history that is Alabama football.... we own College Football just like the Yankees own Pro Baseball and the Patriots own Pro Football. That's just the way it is.

rolleyes

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe