been fishing out of an 11'6" SOT Lifetime Yukon yak last 1/2 doz trips. Love it. floats in ankle deep water. smallies on fly rod, ~4 lb smallie and 7-8 lb cat. And ton of very large bream - all in creeks and rivers under 50-75' across. My go to fishing now.
[/quote]

That sounds like a fun way to fish, but that is a much bigger boat than would work for my situation. I need something I could drag behind me through the shallow areas, and than sit in it to float through the deeper pools. And then turn around and go back and be able to pick it up and carry it by myself back to the truck.

I've looked into various floats, rafts, and kayaks, and am thinking I might try something like this one:

Intex Challenger K1 Kayak, 1-Person Inflatable Kayak Set with Aluminum Oars and High Output Air Pump https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00177J4JS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jtQwDb2JMVS3E

Loaded with all my gear it would still be under 30 lbs. I guess it would just be a question of time before I sunk it, but it's only $60 and I would just walk back to the truck when it happened.

What you guys think?

smile
[/quote]
That would be really good for your old wore out back.🤦‍♂️[/quote]

It's mainly just an old man dreaming of something that will probably never happen. smile

There aren't but a couple of places I can think of that i might use it. But it would probably produce a great story if actually headed down the creek in that thing.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.