I run a ported and built husky 365 with big bore kit with a designated 24" bar and spare 20" and I've taken down and cut up some big stuff with it. Also run a husky 440 ported and built up a little with a 18" bar. I use the 440(lightweighf) as my limb saw/edc more than anything else and it's been well used for over 5 yrs. Now sometimes I'll use the 288xp(20" bar will flat out will rip or a 24")or 395xp(42" bar) for major stuff or stumps. Still looking for a 346xp at a bargain and not a kidney and probably will for a time to come. Now with all that said i don't use current epa standards on any of my 2 cycle equipment. I will run 40:1 on all my saws,blowers and trimmers. That 50:1 is a joke. I like to be able to pull tje muffler off and see a lubed cylinder vs a powdery dry one. Also the day decades ago i switched from 50:1 to 40:1 all my equipment quit sounding like a jar of marbles being shaken when running. It's cheaper and easier to replace a plug vs a cylinder and piston. Maintenance is the key. I don't run canned gas or worry about ethanol free either as i use 93 octane and a synthetic oil. I also run thru 2.5gl- 5gl sometimes more of mix every week year around. If i was buying a new saw I'd dish out for 2. Think of the 2nd one as a spare carry magazine,you never know when you'll need it. A 40ccish and a 60ish-80ish will serve a homeowner very well for most of anything if not everything they'll encounter.

Last edited by furnfeather; 08/19/19 04:08 PM.

“Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability “—RLS